The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of members is the highest authority in AMFIU, which once every year. All the powers of the association are vested in the general assembly, which elects the board president and all the other members of the board of directors. The general assembly is composed of representatives of all paid-up members. The board of directors comprises of seven members directly elected by the General Assembly. The Board of Directors is entrusted with directing the affairs of the Association on behalf of the general membership. The structure of the Board of Directors include the President, Vice President, National Secretary, National Treasurer, and three other board members who provide policy guidance to the secretariat. The Executive Director is an ex-officio member of the board. Only Senior Managers of paid –up member institutions are eligible for election to the Board of Directors. The current board came into office during June 2016 Annual General Meeting. The members of the Board of Directors serve for term of two years – renewable (through re-election) once. The Board of Directors meets quarterly or whenever the activities of Association may so require.
Board of Directors for the period 2016 – 2018:
- Mr. Wilson Twamuhabwa – President, (CEO, UGAFODE MDI)
- Ms. Annet Nakawunde Mulindwa – Vice President, (Managimg Director, Finance Trust Bank)
- Mr. Stephen Nnawuba – Treasurer, (CEO,Vision Fund Uganda)
- Mr. Ndiroramukama - Secretary, (CEO, Uganda Cooperative Savings and Credit Union - UCSCU)
- Mr. Jimmy Adiga, Member, (CEO- Microfinance, BRAC Uganda)
- Mr. Duke Olama, Member, SACCO representative ( Board Chairman, Nyaravur SACCO)