Plot 679 Wamala Road, AMFIU House, Najjanankumbi 0414-259176, 0414 677176 firstname.lastname@example.org
AMFIU Business Consult (ABC) is the commercial wing of the Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU) established to provide fee-based products and services that promote professionalism in the microfinance sector. The major goal of ABC is to provide quality services at affordable prices, with the ultimate goal of enhancing the provision of responsible financial services by microfinance institutions(MFIs)/SACCOs to their customers and deepening financial inclusion of all strata of the Uganda population.
To support AMFIU’s mission by delivering specialized, affordable and quality products and services to financial service providers and other stakeholders in the microfinance sector in order to ensure substantial improvements in their performance and to contribute to AMFIU’s sustainability.
To become a nationally and internationally recognized consulting company specialized in the microfinance industry.
ABC focuses on four strategic objectives:
1) Deliver demand driven, affordable, quality services to our customers
2) Help our customers make distinctive, lasting and substantial improvements in their performance; strengthening MFIs Governance and reduction of the default rates
3) Cover the demand of AMFIU’s members and develop the company through strategic network with competent firms
4) Create a work environment that attracts and retains exceptional people
Our Core business is classified as below:
1. Consultancy/ Training and Technical Assistance Services: ABC partners with AMFIU’s Associate members (consultancy firms, research and academic institutions and development partners) to offer capacity building services in the following area;
• Institutional governance needs assessments
• Resource mobilisation
• Digital Financial Services
• Performance monitoring
• Social Performance Management
• Consumer Protection
• Financial literacy
• Credit and Default Management
• Financial Management
• Governance and Leadership
• Product Development
• Strategic planning
• Agriculture financing
• Green Financing
• Systems and business planning for institutions
• Customer Care and Relationship Management
2. Shared Services: ABC offers to negotiate master agreements for shared services. Members can achieve fair prices and ABC has a scalable service. Therefore, in order to ensure quality and affordable services for the AMFIU members, ABC partners with professional firms to provide the following shared services;
• Audit services
• Loan collection services
• Digital financial services platforms
• Legal services
• Management Information Systems
3. Linkages to investors and wholesale lenders: ABC facilitates linkages between financial institutions and investors/wholesale lenders in the microfinance sector.
4. Marketing: ABC provides marketing avenues for financial institutions and other stakeholders in the sector to increase exposure and visibility through;
• Advertising in the AMFIU directory
• Participating in the annual Microfinance and SME Expo
• Advertising the Annual Microfinance Magazine
• Advertising on the AMFIU website
5. Mystery Shopping: Want to know what your customers think about your financial institution? ABC can conduct for your institution a mystery shopping exercise that will enable you get unbiased feedback from your customers and enable you perfect your products and services based on customer feedback.
6. Research: ABC carries out research on behalf of its customers in various research areas. ABC also partners with AMFIU and its Associate members (Research Firms and Academic Institutions), if this is required to enhance the survey/study. Major research types conducted include;
• Studies on different topics in the microfinance sector
• Impact assessments
• Needs assessments
• Project evaluations
• Baseline Studies
ABC’s core competencies are focused directly on contributing to the level of professionalism of its customers. High quality services are offered at fair prices, with the ultimate goal of enhancing affordable financial services of microfinance institutions to their customers, and of deepening financial inclusion.
Business Development Manager, AMFIU Business Consult
AMFIU House, Plot 679, Wamala Road, Najjanankumbi
Tel: (256) 414 259176
Members Services Satisfaction
AMFIU conducts member satisfaction survey to obtain feedback from members about the appropriateness, usefulness and convenience of AMFIU services. This exercise is aimed at ensuring improvement of services and products extended to members.