The 2011 Agricultural Book was launched in Kampala in July 2012 and several other workshops are expected to be conducted countrywide, to disseminate the findings and also obtain feedback. The agricultural year book is produced by; the Bank of Uganda, the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries - Plan for Modernisation of Agriculture Secretariat and is technically and financial supported by the Financial Systems Development Programme of German Development Cooperation (GIZ) and Agribusiness Initiative Trust.
The workshop will focus on the following topics:
- Introduction and presentation of the key messages from the Agricultural Yearbook
- Overview on the Agricultural Credit Facility
- Boosting Investment in the Oil-Seep Value Chain
- Presentation on Warehouse Receipt System
- UCA led Area Co-operative Enterprise Model
- Savings groups and its importance for the financial sector