APF, GIZ, AMFIU and partners of APF have organised the first joint Agricultural Finance workshop that will be held in Lira at Hotel Pan Afric on 31st of October 2012. The workshop will precede the Agri-Profocus Market Place/ Exhibition that will take place on 1st November. The workshop aims to bring together Farmers, Finance Service Providers and other actors of the financial sector from the Northern Region of Uganda to share and discuss important developments and innovations in the agricultural finance sub sector in Uganda.
The 2011 Agricultural Book was launched in Kampala in July 2012 and several other workshops are expected to be conducted countrywide, to disseminate the findings and also obtain feedback. The agricultural year book is produced by; the Bank of Uganda, the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries - Plan for Modernisation of Agriculture Secretariat and is technically and financial supported by the Financial Systems Development Programme of German Development Cooperation (GIZ) and Agribusiness Initiative Trust.
The workshop will focus on the following topics:
For more information contact:
Ms. Sharon Againe, APF Uganda Network Assistant Facilitator, Kampala
Mr. Paul Otim, Coordinator North, AMFIU
- Introduction and presentation of the key messages from the Agricultural Yearbook
- Overview on the Agricultural Credit Facility
- Boosting Investment in the Oil-Seep Value Chain
- Presentation on Warehouse Receipt System
- UCA led Area Co-operative Enterprise Model
- Savings groups and its importance for the financial sector